Long Term Care Council
A group of individuals representing stakeholders who are serving Washington County residents. The responsibility will be to continuously build and maintain a collaborative network to advance the Point of Entry (POE) and coordination within the local long term care system. The council will function in an advisory capacity.
What will it look like?
Mandated members include:
- DSS Commissioner
- OFA Director
- Membership must be representative of the community it serves. Potential members include but are not limited to:
- Early Intervention Programs
- Nursing Homes
- Adult Care and Assisted Living Facilities
- Community Agencies serving the LTC needs of the community
- Church Communities
- Senior Housing
- Educational System
- Others may be identified
The LTCC will work in conjecture with the leadership and administrative support from the lead agencies. Meeting will be scheduled on a regular basis with frequency based in the needs identified.
Specific Activities of the LTCC include:
- Monitoring POE service gaps and working with appropriate partners to address them.
- Ensure that consumers are represented on the council
- Address and help plan for needs unique to our community
- Have an active role in the service evaluation process with consumer input
- Develop new resources to assist or enhance the LTC system including plans for overcoming barriers
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with policy makers and funding organizations
- Keep in mind that LTC choices tend to be made in a crisis mode
- A need to think beyond the medical model
All meetings are currently being held via Zoom. Please call 1-866-805-3931 to get added to the Zoom Link.
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
9:30 Network, 10AM – 12 PM @
The Glen at Highland Meadows
39 Longview Drive
Queensbury, NY 12804
Thursday December 3, 2020
9:30 Network, 10AM – 12 PM @ Washington County Municipal Center
Building B - Basement Training Room
Fort Edward, NY 12828